These piping hot cinnamon rolls are stuffed to the brim with a creamy, sweet filling. You can’t eat just one!
Stuffed Cinnamon Roll French Toast
These piping hot cinnamon rolls are stuffed to the brim with a creamy, sweet filling. You can't eat just one!
Author: Cara Borromei
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 package (17.5 oz.) Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls with icing
- 4 oz. (1/2 block) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp. confectioner's sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c. milk
- Spray a 9" round cake pan with nonstick spray and arrange cinnamon rolls in the pan, pressing down on the tops of each roll to flatten.
- Bake cinnamon rolls according to package instructions.
- While rolls are baking, prepare your filling by beating together cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, cinnamon and ¼ tsp. vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from oven and cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice each cinnamon roll lengthwise but end your slit about a half an inch from the opposite side, creating a pocket.
- Fill each pocket with ⅕ of the filling, either by spreading it in with a butter knife or piping it in with a pastry bag until you've filled all 5 rolls.
- Preheat your griddle or a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- In another medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and ¼ tsp. vanilla together.
- Soak your stuffed cinnamon rolls, one at a time, in the egg mixture, fully coating each side.
- Transfer your soaked cinnamon rolls to your preheated griddle.
- Cook first side for 3-5 minutes, then flip and cook second side for 1-2 minutes until cinnamon roll is heated all the way through. Repeat with other rolls.
- Drizzle contents of icing packet over each cinnamon rolls and serve immediately.